Multi Chamber Bongs
If you’re after a new, high-quality bong, you’ve come to the right place. One of the best types of bong you can get right now is a multi chamber bong, also known as a recycler bong, which looks similar to a regular glass straight tube bong, but with, you guessed it, multiple chambers. This allows designers to be much more creative while at the same time producing a cool and smooth hit that any smoker will appreciate.
What is a multi chamber bong?
A multi chamber bong is any type of straight tube bong that composes of more than one chamber. Some of the most premium multi chamber bongs can have up to 6 chambers, giving you an unrivalled smoking experience. These extra chambers allow for a higher level of filtration of the smoke, and may sometimes be separated by percolators. With most multi chamber bongs, you can fill bong water in both the lower and upper chambers, which also helps to cool and filter the smoke.
How to use a multi chamber bong
Using a multi chamber bong is fairly straightforward and similar to that of a regular water bong, although it can get more tricky the more chambers your bong has.
Generally, however, you should follow these simple steps to begin using your multi chamber bong:
- Fill the water chambers by carefully pouring water down the mouthpiece. Make sure you pour enough so that both of your chambers are filled with bong water, but be careful not to put too much in as this could result in some splashback.
- Next, insert the downstem into the first water chamber - this should be the one nearest the base, so that the smoke can pass through this and up through the other chambers towards the mouthpiece.
- Place your dry herbs into the bowl which is connected to the downstem. Make sure to grind your herbs before placing them here, and try not to pack them too tightly so that you can take a smooth hit without inhaling too hard.
- Light your dry herbs and place your lips on the mouthpiece, and keep doing so until you can see a good amount of smoke filling the chambers.
- Release your flame from the herbs and inhale. Repeat the process until your dry herbs are spent.
- It’s important to clean your multi chamber bong after each session to keep it in good condition and keep your smoke tasting great.
Note: If you have double chamber bong, or even triple or quadruple chambers, you can experiment by using different temperature water in each chamber. For example, you can pour hot water in the initial chamber, but cold water in the next - this helps to accelerate the filtration process, giving you an even smoother hit, and many bong owners claim the benefits of doing so.
Should I get a multi chamber bong?
There are a few benefits to getting a multi chambered bong as opposed to a regular, single-chambered water bong, so it’s definitely an option you should consider if you have the budget for it. There are, of course, some downsides too, so it’s worth weighing up both the advantages and disadvantages of multi chamber bongs before deciding to invest in one:
Pros of multi chamber bongs
- The extra level of filtration provided by multiple chambers helps to provide a better tasting, smoother, and overall more satisfying hit of smoke than a single chamber bong can provide.
- You can experiment with different water temperatures in your multiple chambers at the same time, which can help to add extra levels of cooling and filtration. The more chambers your bong has, the better.
- The added complexity of multi chamber bongs means they invariably look quite a lot cooler than regular bongs, especially when you’re drawing smoke through it.
Cons of multi chamber bongs
- They’re invariably more expensive than single-chamber bongs, so they may be out of reach for those looking for a cheap bong on a budget.
- Having multiple water chambers means that you’ve got more to clean. As you should be cleaning your bong regularly no matter which type it is, ideally after each use, this can get quite annoying when you have multiple parts to clean each time.