Arizer Solo 2 Vaporizer
The Arizer Solo 2 vaporizer is one of the top choices in the UK. It provides a perfect balance of performance, style, and portability. It utilises a hybrid heating technology to increase heat-up speed while extracting maximum flavour.
The Arizer Solo 2 is manufactured with a stainless-steel body, which gives it a premium feel and long-lasting durability. Toss it in your pocket or bag without worrying about damaging your device.
This could well be the best vaporizer of this year and when you get a chance to use one you instantly see why. One of the biggest plus points for the original was the insanely pure flavor that you could get from it. This is probably the only thing that hasn’t really changed in the Solo 2, but then when it is this good, why would you want to? It has the same stainless steel oven material as the original and the same ceramic material for the heating element.
Arizer Solo 2 Stats & Technical Info
Accuracy in ranges of 33.8°F or 10°F with temperature from 122°F to 392°F - Fully digital control
24 seconds (maximum temperature in 28 seconds)
Heating coating material
Stainless steel with ceramic heating element.
External coating material
On average 20 sessions of vaporization or 3 hours of vaporization
Bi-volt vaporizer 100V - 240V - 3 hours for full charge
5 to 15 minute timer (timer)
Solo 2 Dimenisons
11.4cm x 4.5cm x 3.5cm
Arizer Solo 2 Weight
2 years for the vaporizer - 1 year for battery
Arizer Solo 2 Features
- Stainless Steel Oven
- Hybrid Heating Technology
- Glass Aroma Tubes
- Official Attachments
- Full LCD Screen
- Customisable Settings
- Long-Lasting Battery
- Easy Cleaning
Stainless Steel Oven
The Arizer Solo 2 features a stainless steel oven for your dry products. The non-reactive nature of high quality stainless steel means that you can enjoy superior heating and a tasty, untainted hit everytime.
Hybrid Heating Technology
Almost every dry herb vaporizer on the market uses one of two heating technologies. Both of these technologies have an advantage over the other.
- Conduction Heating: This method involves direct contact of the herb with the heating element. Direct contact means the herb heats up quickly and produces bigger clouds from the rapid evaporation. The drawback is reduced flavour and uneven heating.
- Convection Heating: This method separates the herb from the heating element and relies on hot air flowing through the greens. Convection allows for even heating because the hot hair can reach the centre through all of the tiny crevices. Flavour is better, but heat-up times are slower, and it has lower vapour production.
The Arizer Solo 2 vaporizer comes equipped with powerful hybrid heating, which is a combination of both technologies. This means it has fast heat-up, incredible flavour, massive clouds, and uniform heat distribution in one attractive package.
Glass Aroma Tubes
The Arizer Solo 2 features the same spec of glass Aroma Tubes as the original that you load your material into and then attach to the device when you want to vape. The result of this setup is that your material never touches anything except the glass Aroma Tube and therefore the flavor keeps all the purity you could ever want. Another advantage of the way you load it is that you can always carry a few spare Aroma Tubes pre-loaded with your dry products so that all you have to do is swap tubes and you have a fresh load ready to go.
The Arizer Solo 2 isn’t touted as being the most versatile vape out there, but it offers a surprising amount of flexibility. A generous selection of attachments means you can configure this device to match your specific needs.
- Straight Glass Stem: This is the standard mouthpiece for the Arizer Solo 2. You will receive two of these inside the box, one 110mm and one 90mm. A 70mm stem is available to purchase separately. Glass is the best material to keep your flavour as pure as possible.
- Curved Glass Stem: Much the same as the straight stem but with a curve. The curve offers a more convenient way to hold and hit your Solo 2. This way, you can keep your vape vertical during use without needing to tilt your head downward. It’s great for use while walking.
- Tipped Glass Stem: A short glass stem with a plastic mouthpiece for extra comfort. This stem is available in 70mm and 60mm lengths.
- Frosted Glass Water Pipe Adapter: There’s nothing quite like enjoying a massive rip of water-cooled and filtered vapour. The water pipe adapter comes in 19mm and 14mm sizes so that you can connect it to a wide range of water pipes and bongs.
- Glass Aroma Dish: This is a unique attachment you rarely see. It’s designed to be used with your favourite aromatic herbs, such as lavender or rosemary. Load the dish, activate your Solo 2, set it on the table, and enjoy the fresh, relaxing aroma.
- Stem Caps: The Arizer Solo 2 requires you to load your herb a little differently than most vaporizers. You pack it directly into the bottom of the stem instead of directly into the heating chamber. The silicone caps cover the bottom of the stems so you can have multiple ready to go without worrying about your stuff spilling out.
There are plenty of unofficial third-party add-ons you can find and experiment with as well. Finding out which works best for you is part of the fun.
Full LCD ScreenFrom there on in, pretty much everything else from the ground up on the Arizer Solo 2 has been improved. The first thing they did was to switch out the LED system and give it a full LCD screen.
So now, not only does the device show you your temperature setting, it also shows your actual current temperature to within 1 degree and it also shows you how much battery life you have left. Not that you will need it most of the time, the battery on the new Solo 2 has been improved over the original, as has efficiency, meaning you can get up to and over 20 sessions per full charge.
One great thing about the Arizer Solo 2 vaporizer is that you’re not stuck with a bunch of pre-programmed settings. This level of freedom is something you don’t commonly see. The settings you can change include:
- Temperature Settings: Most vapes actually do allow you to set your desired temperature, so it’s nice to have that option here, too. The temperature can be set anywhere from 50°C to 220°C in increments of 1°C. You can also change the temperature to Fahrenheit if you wish to do so.
- Audio Alerts: The Solo 2 will beep when it powers on and off. Some people will find this helpful, while others will find it annoying. There are three volume levels to choose from, or you can silence it altogether.
- Power-On Delay: This is how long you must hold the button for your vaporizer to activate. Longer delays are great for travelling, so it doesn’t accidentally turn on inside your pocket or bag. If you just leave it around your house, you can shorten the delay for faster operation. The delay can be set for 4, 6, or 8 seconds.
- Session Timer: Also known as an automatic shut-off timer, this is how long your Arizer Solo 2 will remain at the set temperature before automatically powering off. Most vapes only allow you to choose between a couple of set times or offer no choice at all. With the Solo 2, you can set your timer anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes in 1-minute increments.
- Display Brightness: This is another setting that you don’t see often. The display brightness can be set to low, medium, or high, with medium being the default. A bright display is great when you’re out in the sun, and the low setting is good for darker settings to save battery life.
The Arizer Solo 2 is not the smallest vaporizer, but it is still very manageable. Its oval shape helps tremendously with pocketability. The glass stem makes it a little tricky, but the optional travel tubes solve that problem.
However, the ideal way to carry your Solo 2 around is with the included belt-clip carry case. It snugly fits your vaporizer and two fully loaded glass stems for safe transport and easy access.
Simplicity is the key
The device has three buttons on the front of it beneath the LCD screen with which you can adjust a whole host of settings within the device. You can adjust the cut-off timer, the screen contrast, the temperature units to name just a few. The screen also provides functional information while in use. It show the battery level in the top right, the current oven temperature as a big number in the middle and the temperature you have it set to at the bottom. In the top left is also a symbol which tells you whether the oven is currently warming up or is in ‘steady state’ mode. The device charges via a mains charger which means that, not only does it charge faster than most other devices (empty to full takes less than three hours), it actually charges fast enough to enable full pass-through use which is something that USB charged devices cannot do.
The Arizer Solo 2 vaporizer houses a beast of a battery. Technically, it’s two 3400 mah 18650 batteries in one. This allows the Solo 2 to run a whopping three hours of usage time on a single charge. That is almost unheard of for a vaporizer of this size.
The passthrough charging is also a nice bonus. With this, you can use your vape while it’s plugged in and charging. These reasons and more are why the Arizer Solo 2 in the UK is one of the top recommended vaporizers.
The design of the Solo 2 also makes it super easy to clean, just shake out any loose particles of leaf and then give the inside a wipe with a cotton bud soaked in isopropanol and it will look brand new again in no time.
Pros and Cons
- Pre-load glass loading chamber for use anytime, anywhere!
- Quick heat up time, heat up 3x time faster than Arizer Solo
- Vape reliably all-day with up to 20 users per charge
- Easy Maintenance, almost all parts are removable
- All glass vapor path for pure, tasty and high quality vapor
- Larger in size than standard vape pen
- You have to be careful to keep it safe as everything is made from glass
- It can be difficult to use, read the direction carefully
Included With Arizer Solo 2
The Arizer Solo 2 comes with literally everything you could possibly need to make it the most convenient and pleasurable vaporizer you could own. As well as the basic unit itself they give you two of their Aroma Tubes (one 90mm in length and one 110mm in length) so you have different options for experience and you can also carry one round pre-loaded as a spare. They provide caps for both Aroma tubes which means anything you pre-load in them will stay nice and secure until you need it. They also give you an Aroma dish for using with things like lavender to create pleasant aromas and a stainless steel tool for stirring your bowls/Aroma Tubes. On top of all that they also give you the charger and a belt clip carry case which holds the Solo 2 itself and the two Aroma Tubes with their silicone end caps in place. To be summarized Arizer Solo 2 box contain:
1 x Arizer Solo 2 Vaporizer
1 x Solo II Charger / Power Adapt
1 x Multi-Purpose Micro Heater
2 x Glass Aroma Tube (90mm and 110mm)
1 x PVC Travel Tube w/ Cap (90mm, 110mm and Aroma Dish Size)
1 x Glass Aroma Dish
1 x Belt-Clip Carry Case
1 x Silicone Stem Caps
1 x Stainless Steel Stirring Tool
4 x Filter Screen
1 x Sample Aromatic Botanicals
1 x User Manual
Arizer Solo 2 Vaporizer In Depth Review
With the Solo 2 Airzer have taken everything that makes the Solo excellent and improves it in every single way. The Solo 2 Features a longer battery life, quicker heat up time, and a super-precise and fully digital temperature control.
The Solo 2 features an incredible vapor quality. It features a ceramic and stainless steel heating system that ensures your dry products is evenly heated and totally untainted by any nasty plasticy tastes. On top of this the high-quality glass stem ensures that each and every draw you take is smooth, tasty, and down right pure.
One of the main problems with Airzer’s previous vaporizers is the somewhat restricted airpath, the Solo 2 has totally rectified that issue. By using clever recessed air jets to ensure that your hits are smooth and easy.
The Solo 2 is a fantastic portable vaporizer for those who like to enjoy their dry products when they’re out and about. It boasts an imposing three hour battery life. That’s an over 50% improvement when compared to the previous Solo, and above and beyond the life of many other vaporizers. When it does eventually run down, it only takes between three and four hours to recharge, and thanks to its clever use through charging, you can still vape with it while you top the battery up.
The Solo 2 has a brief, 30 second heat up time thanks to its advanced heating system. This heating system has been redesigned to be more compact and discreet, so this power doesn’t come at the cost of portability.
Over all the Airzer Solo 2 is a fantastic vaporizer that combines power, portability, and staying power. If you want a smooth, tasty vape experience on the go then the Arizer Solo 2 is for you.
Note: Standard USB cable included for charging.The Mains adaptor for the USB cable supplied will be in the standard of the Vaporizer Manufacturers Country.
|Colour & Plug
Carbon Black ( UK Plug Adapter ), Mystic Blue ( UK Plug Adapter ), Carbon Black ( EU Plug ), Mystic Blue ( EU Plug )